Selling Your Property
The following information gives you a general idea of the steps throughout your freehold property sale.
(We would refer you to our Terms of Business, which will be forwarded with our Client Care pack, as this details the full scope of work included and not included in our charges).
- Once we’ve received full instructions and details of your sale from the selling agents (if applicable) we can issue our Client Care Pack to you.
- When you have returned your forms and ID we will prepare and issue the Contract Pack to your buyers Solicitor.
- The Buyers Solicitor will then submit searches (if applicable) and check through the contract documentation; raising any necessary enquiries. We’ll deal with these enquiries and will be in touch with you if we need your input.
- If you have a mortgage, we’ll contact your Lender to request a settlement statement which will be for information purposes at this stage.
- We will send out to you the paperwork for you to sign and return.
- Shortly thereafter we should be in a position to discuss possible completion dates with you and your purchasers Solicitor. Once a date has been agreed, we’ll get an up to date settlement figure from your existing lender and will provide you with our Completion Statement which sets out the full finances of your sale.
- Once all parties in the chain are ready, we will exchange contracts to make your completion date legally binding. This can range from weeks, days or even simultaneously in some cases.
- On the day of completion, we will notify you as soon as funds have cleared into our Client Account from your Buyers Solicitor at which point the keys can be released to your Buyer either via the selling agents or directly between yourselves if this has been agreed.
- We will attend to all post completion matters to include redeeming your existing mortgage, settling the estate agents invoice (if applicable) and accounting to you with any net sale proceeds.
Selling Your Leasehold Property
If the property you are selling is Leasehold, you will be aware that there is a Landlord and possibly a Management Company who are responsible for collecting Ground Rent and Service Charge payments from you. We’ll need to communicate with them at various points throughout your sale.More
Selling at Auction
If you’re looking to sell your property at auction we can assist. We will prepare the required legal pack; which usually includes the contract, title and searches, and will forward the same to the Auctioneers.More